FullStack Ruby Engineer - Krakow (PL)
We build the testing platform used by our customers (Facebook, WhatsApp, Microsoft) and 20,000 professional testers around the world.
Why work with us?
- You’ll be working in a fast feedback and deploy environment
- Deploy multiple times a day to production
- DevOps Environment: Kubernetes, Prometheus, Grafana, Graylog, Sentry, NewRelic, GitHub, Concourse, Slack & JIRA
- You’ll use the latest technology and practices
- Backend: Ruby 2.4, Ruby on Rails 5.1, RSpec, Eslint, Rubocop
- Frontend: React v16.0, ES6, ES7, Jest, Redux, GraphQL, Webpack
- Coding Practices: Static Code Analysis, Code Review, SOLID
- You’ll grow personally and professionally
- Leadership: Mentoring, Personalised development plans, 1:1s
- Team: Friday tech talks, Retrospectives, knowledge sharing
- Quickstart: Bootcamp, Buddy System, First-day release to production.
Compensation & Benefits
- Negotiable salary, but within 2800 – 5000 EUR net a month on a VAT invoice (B2B), depending on your experience and quality of your code
- Paid holidays (all holidays in your country + up to 20 days)
- Permanent contract with a 6 months trial period
What You'll be doing:
- Designing and implementing new features with modular, secure and well tested full-stack code which has a clear separation of responsibility
- Optimizing applications for maximum speed and scalability if needed– leading a project or feature from time to time
- Solving various interesting problems around virtual machines, tester management, tester scoring, semi-automated test execution, spam activity detection (also ML, natural language processing, neural networks down the line if you’re interested)– suggesting technologies that fit the problem at hand
- You'll work closely with other engineering teams so you can pioneer new technologies
- You'll improve the team and company – you will be an active participant in our culture (mentorship for less experienced developers, interviewing, and new initiatives)
- Min 3 (4.5 senior devs) years of commercial experience
- Have built highly scalable and robust systems in the past– designing and implementing complex applications (code complexity and data model complexity)
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes– integration with various internal and external APIs using open source and custom built API connectors
- Data migration, transformation and scripting
- Outputting data in different formats
We don't expect someone to tick every box. We are willing to train the right person who wants to learn.
- Good understanding of Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Good understanding of TDD and it’s benefits to be able to code with and without it while keeping the code quality high (you need appropriate mindset when coding)
- Understanding of few of the SOLID principles
- Good understanding of git code versioning tool
- Good written and spoken English communication skills (a must)
- Ability to learn fast
- Focus on delivering and self-management
- Any experience with building NodeJS apps (both frontend and server apps)
- Any experience in latest ES7, Redux, Elixir, Phoenix
- Good understanding of how to apply SOLID principles in practice so you can help with training the team
- Any experience with AI (ML, NLP, Neural Networks of various types, Swarm Intelligence, Genetic Algorithms, etc.)
- Ability to work fully remotely or You can work from a modern office in Kraków in Zabłocie area with table football
- Our dedication to helping you become successful.
- Responsibility and a real say in the future of the company.
- You’ll have a role that will be vital to the company’s growth and every idea you come up with will always be carefully considered